NGV Community Forum

Click Here to BUY Now!!!

How to promote here?
NGV Community Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Photo Gallery | Vote | Shopping

Choose your language translation:
 Recommend Us to your Friend!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Ask me anything about NGV!
 All Forums
 Share Your NGV Experience and Comments Here
 Share your NGV Experience & Testimonial Here
 Naza Ria RM12,000 repair
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

clkong
Advanced Member

NGV:Yes
NAZA
Ria
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

695 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2008 :  10:53:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear all Naza Ria owner,

From all the feed back from Naza Ria Family Club, workshop, Kia Service Centre and many Ria owner, they have the same worry.
Once the engine overheat, it will cost them Rm12,000 for "short engine
" replacement. Is like carry a "time bomb" in our MPV

For normal japanese car, if the engine overheat, they only need to replace their gasket and skim the engine head but for Naza Ria, the whole engine will bend and if you lucky, you only need to replace the piston liner(that also few thousand).

The reason for overheating is,

1. Broken plastic "T" pipe (can be replace by metal "T")
2. Leaking rediator hose
3. Electric fan break down
4. Thermal valve jam

Overheating will happen in less than a minutes if any of above happen.
We did't look at the water temp all the time when we drive. What can we do?

We need a warning system for our Ria. 2 days ago, I install a after market "Racing water tempurature meter" and this meter do comes with warning buzzer and light. You can set the maximum temp by yourself. I set the max temp to 95 degree and if the water temp go beyound this, the buzzer will sound together with the warning light so I can can stop my car as soon as possible and prevent expensive damage to the engine.

With this modification, I can drive the car without any worry.
For those owner that have the same worry as I do, you can do the same. The price of the meter(comes with sensor) is Rm280 + hose adaptor RM38 and labour RM30. Total Rm348.

Sponsored Links!

geoffreylee
Advanced Member

Since:Jul 2008
Proton
Proton Perdana
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

730 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2008 :  12:02:40 AM  Show Profile  Send geoffreylee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I want to install the temp sensor too.. where can I do that?

Sponsored Links!

Let me invited you to join the Facebook group "NGV Car Owner (Malaysia) ".

http://www.facebook.com/p.php?i=745707545&k=3212YYR6PT2EXBG1XB2&oid=16296154366

Thanks,
NGV Car Owner (Malaysia)

Pls share your experience in the forum.. may it be bad or good.

Go to Top of Page

lim275
Average Member

Since:Mar 2007
Proton
Wira 1.5GLI
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

110 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2008 :  09:29:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by clkong

Dear all Naza Ria owner,

From all the feed back from Naza Ria Family Club, workshop, Kia Service Centre and many Ria owner, they have the same worry.

For normal japanese car, if the engine overheat, they only need to replace their gasket and skim the engine head but for Naza Ria, the whole engine will bend and if you lucky, you only need to replace the piston liner(that also few thousand).

2. Leaking rediator hose
4. Thermal valve jam

We need a warning system for our Ria. 2 days ago, I install a after market "Racing water tempurature meter" and this meter do comes with warning buzzer and light. You can set the maximum temp by yourself. I set the max temp to 95 degree and if the water temp go beyound this, the buzzer will sound together with the warning light so I can can stop my car as soon as possible and prevent expensive damage to the engine.

For those owner that have the same worry as I do, you can do the same. The price of the meter(comes with sensor) is Rm280 + hose adaptor RM38 and labour RM30. Total Rm348.

Safety always my priority
Go to Top of Page

tatec
Starting NGV Member

Since:Sep 2006
Honda
CRV 2.0 EFI & Iswara 1.3
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

23 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2008 :  6:15:11 PM  Show Profile  Send tatec an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Dear all Naza Ria owner,

2. Leaking rediator hose
4. Thermal valve jam

Dear Clkong,

I m interested that temperature contoller. Can you provide some infomation like product photo, where can install it or DIY product.

Nevertheless, I also have a heat warning buzzer create by myself which already help me to prevent engine overheating several time. But my product still has some weak point.
Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

jimmyay
Starting NGV Member

Since:Mar 2008
Toyota
Harrier 240G
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

7 Posts

Posted - 15/12/2008 :  11:30:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am interested too. Can you help by sending more info to my jimmyay@gmail.com

Or just give me the phone number and i can contact them directly.

Live happily and leave peacefully
Go to Top of Page

clkong
Advanced Member

NAZA
Ria
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

695 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2008 :  2:13:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear all, thanks for showing interest in this product. I already test this meter for the past one week and I found out there is a minor problem with it. That is why I did't reply your all.
The problem is - Its happen 2 times, when I switch off my engine, the meter did't go back to 0 degree. It stop at 20 degree. So when you start your engine, the temperature will show 20 degree higher. You need to reset the meter before use and you got to reset your warning/over temperature again. For those that still interested in this product, you can call RS One at 012-62777768.

Even with this little "bug", I still think it worth the money. This meter will give me warning in case of overheating with resulting in very expensive repair.

For your information, When your engine run on NGV, the water tempurature is higher by 5-8 degree compare to petrol. Over the OEM water temp, it show no different at all.
Go to Top of Page

hoggies
Senior NGV Member

Since:Aug 2008
Mercedes-Benz
W124 230E (1990)
(Carburetor)

Malaysia

334 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2009 :  6:36:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit hoggies's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mercedes engine run very hot (80C - 95C) and can overheat without warning if the main fan or electric fans fail. There is no car overheat warning other than to watch the temperature gauge.

There is an affordable solution to this problem. A thermistor circuit which sounds an alarm & lights up an LED when the radiator overheats.

http://autogatemalaysia.blogspot.com

Edited by - hoggies on 14/02/2009 6:39:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

eddie
Starting NGV Member

Since:Dec 2007
Honda
accord 2.2 A
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

6 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2009 :  8:53:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Dear all Naza Ria owner,

2. Leaking rediator hose
4. Thermal valve jam

Dear clkong
am just bought a kia carnival 2.5 V6 same as naza ria, i dont have any fren using this type of car, so i really worried bout wht u have mention above.
i wish can contact u for more info bout the overheat alam system and also the 'T' pipe.
wish can hear from u soon.
beast regards
eddie. 18/2/08
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: