NGV Community Forum
NGV Community Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Photo Gallery | Vote | Shopping

Choose your language translation:
 Recommend Us to your Friend!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Ask me anything about NGV!
 All Forums
 Share Your NGV Experience and Comments Here
 NGV Problems
 Spring Rubber Spacer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

andylee
Junior NGV Member

NGV:Yes
Since:Aug 2008
Toyota
Camry 2.4V
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

55 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2008 :  02:50:04 AM  Show Profile  Send andylee an ICQ Message  Click to see andylee's MSN Messenger address  Send andylee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Folks,

Any of you come across Coil Spring Rubber Spacer? Need to know where to buy. Attach is the picture I got from BMW Club.

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/4417/image00067ui4.jpg

This is essential to support the extra weight of the NGV cylinder & protect our absorber from wearing off faster.

Appreciate if anyone got any idea where to get this from. Thank you.

Sponsored Links!

sohengguan
Average Member

Since:Feb 2008
Proton
Iswara 1.5(A)
(Carburetor)

Malaysia

214 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2008 :  05:12:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit sohengguan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
andylee,

I got mine from Brothers.
But it's not black in color, it's kind of mixture of orange and red.
They come in different sizes to fit the different coil spring in different car.

Sponsored Links!

Go to Top of Page

geoffreylee
Advanced Member

Since:Jul 2008
Proton
Proton Perdana
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

730 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2008 :  08:05:33 AM  Show Profile  Send geoffreylee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Many place in Jingjang or Kepong selling it... some even install it for you for less then RM100 per pair

Let me invited you to join the Facebook group "NGV Car Owner (Malaysia) ".

http://www.facebook.com/p.php?i=745707545&k=3212YYR6PT2EXBG1XB2&oid=16296154366

Thanks,
NGV Car Owner (Malaysia)

Pls share your experience in the forum.. may it be bad or good.

Go to Top of Page

monster
Average Member

NGV:Planning to install soon
Since:Jun 2008
NGV Wira sold... waiting for new car to go NGV

Malaysia

219 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2008 :  10:32:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
do they have the same effect as rubber bush? Overall wheel height clearance better or just make springs harder?
Go to Top of Page

geoffreylee
Advanced Member

Proton
Proton Perdana
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

730 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2008 :  12:27:40 PM  Show Profile  Send geoffreylee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
the rubber bush sit on top of your spring and just raised your height.. therefore the rubber cushion is better as it hold your spring and harden the spring plus it absorb vibrations...

Thanks,
NGV Car Owner (Malaysia)

Go to Top of Page

cpchin
Senior NGV Member

NAZA
RIA 2.5
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

368 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2008 :  11:54:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like this rubber bush going to make the car more bumpy.
Go to Top of Page

monster
Average Member

NGV:Planning to install soon
NGV Wira sold... waiting for new car to go NGV

Malaysia

219 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2008 :  01:42:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
cpchin, I had a 3" rubber bush installed and the wheel height clearance back to ori... dont notice any extra bumpiness while driving.

geoffreylee, am wondering since the Spring Rubber Spacer increase the spring hardiness, means its also good for old spring that have soften (loss the springiness)
Go to Top of Page

geoffreylee
Advanced Member

Proton
Proton Perdana
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

730 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2008 :  10:01:59 AM  Show Profile  Send geoffreylee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
monster, yupp.. the spring cushion is good for stiffen the old spongy spring... a good absorbers (GAS filled) will further help too

Thanks,
NGV Car Owner (Malaysia)

Go to Top of Page

cplee99
Starting NGV Member

KIA
optima 2.0
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

16 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2008 :  10:41:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How much the cost + Installation for 4 nos? I am interested to install one set on my car.
Go to Top of Page

vic_bptan
Average Member

Toyota
Camry 2.2, 1999
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

183 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2008 :  11:31:12 PM  Show Profile  Click to see vic_bptan's MSN Messenger address  Send vic_bptan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
the price is depend on the type, diameter and height of the spring, i saw they sell type (A, B, C, D and so on) will check on the jinjang shop when free...
Go to Top of Page

geoffreylee
Advanced Member

Proton
Proton Perdana
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

730 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2008 :  11:59:57 PM  Show Profile  Send geoffreylee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
In Jingjang.. price is same for all size and RM200 you will have all 4 wheels installed

Thanks,
NGV Car Owner (Malaysia)

Go to Top of Page

avnho
Starting NGV Member

Honda
Accord 2.0 VTEC
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

19 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2008 :  01:31:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hmm ...

So Do you guys think its advisable to install this instead of the rubber bushing ...

I've installed the rubber bushing already, so ... is this recommended on my Honda Accord?

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

geoffreylee
Advanced Member

Proton
Proton Perdana
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

730 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2008 :  08:32:05 AM  Show Profile  Send geoffreylee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
It is up to individual ya.. Most important is safety and we should not drive fast with a heavy tank behind us more if we have lots of passenger

Thanks,
NGV Car Owner (Malaysia)

Go to Top of Page

vic_bptan
Average Member

Toyota
Camry 2.2, 1999
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

183 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2008 :  08:48:21 AM  Show Profile  Click to see vic_bptan's MSN Messenger address  Send vic_bptan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
now this power cushion buffer got too many brand in the market, don't know which is the pioneer brand? Afraid of imitation only.. check out this web site http://www.ttcar.co.kr/eng/product.php
Go to Top of Page

nanbinani
Starting NGV Member

Nissan
SERENA
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

7 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2008 :  1:54:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dont know, but from the source stated that the rubber spacer would not last longer as it would harder and compressed. They advice us to change the spring with bigger diameter as what I did in my serena. So far so good but still monitoring
Go to Top of Page

vic_bptan
Average Member

Toyota
Camry 2.2, 1999
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

183 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2008 :  10:29:00 PM  Show Profile  Click to see vic_bptan's MSN Messenger address  Send vic_bptan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
but changing spring is more expensive than just inserting the rubber cushion, more cheaper..........
Go to Top of Page

tnlrandall
Average Member

Since:Jan 2008
Proton
Putra 1.8
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

237 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2008 :  5:07:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear All,

My solution for a 'drooped' rear end was to install 2 Nos. of adjustable GAB Sports shock absorbers to replace the Monroes that was already leaking hydraulic fluid. Adjusted to 1/2 the max. stiffness.

As the front Monroes were also leaking hydraulic fluid, I had them changed to non-adjustable GAB's too. Cost me about RM700.00 for front and rear.

The Monroes were 'killed' by a combination of age + CNG cylinder weight + driving on uneven & rough unpaved roads in a private car parking lot. Maybe, the Monroes were not designed and built for this sort of punishments.

The car height is even between front and rear end, when observed from the sides. However, a slight difference of 1/8" to max. 1/4" still exist, when physically measured. This difference may be solved by finer adjustments, but as I'm not a fast driver, it realy does not matter to me.

So far, my car did not encounter any more 'drooped' end after 5+ months of use.

Opted for this solution as I did'nt want to change to a different set of coil springs just yet, but also thinks that 'rubber bushes & etc.' may not provide the long term solution that I wanted due to their life span.

Nevertheless, time will tell whether I made the 'right' decision or an 'expensive' decision, if less than 2 years time, the GABs conk out.

Regards,

tnlrandall
Go to Top of Page

purple_EJ7
Average Member

Proton
Wira 1.3 (M)
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

248 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2008 :  11:15:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit purple_EJ7's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you happen to live in northern area near to Bukit Panchor Industrial Area, there's a workshop that can repair all kind of car absorbers (TKA motorsports). Last time I was charged RM100 for stiffening all 4 absorbers (for my Honda Civic) I got from halfcut. Till now the absorbers are working great.

Ask for estimated price first before you repair. If the price is too high then might as well as get a brand new set. FYI, the price charged depends on the items that have to change on your absorber. Dismantle and reinstall to your car is charged separately.

http://www.anggunbistari.co.cc/
Go to Top of Page

andylee
Junior NGV Member

Toyota
Camry 2.4V
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

55 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2008 :  9:32:44 PM  Show Profile  Send andylee an ICQ Message  Click to see andylee's MSN Messenger address  Send andylee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
vic_bptan,

Can you pls check out what is the exact price to get the 2 pairs of rubber spacer? Also let me know where the exact location is. But I know it costs RM100++ only. It's better to install rubber spacer than to meddle with the aborbers or springs. Used to install this Korean brand on my old 2001 Camry & it worked fine until I sold the car already. Just couldn't locate the shop anymore now :(
Go to Top of Page

vic_bptan
Average Member

Toyota
Camry 2.2, 1999
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

183 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2008 :  08:48:35 AM  Show Profile  Click to see vic_bptan's MSN Messenger address  Send vic_bptan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
there is many shop accessories shop selling ths power cushion, even brothers is selling it, but for the price is diff around rm70 - rm 140 per pair... kinda expensive, haven't check out the shop that geoffoerylee mention... busy this week... :(
Go to Top of Page

andylee
Junior NGV Member

Toyota
Camry 2.4V
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

55 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2008 :  12:35:34 AM  Show Profile  Send andylee an ICQ Message  Click to see andylee's MSN Messenger address  Send andylee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi sohengguan,

How much did you pay for the cushion buffer? Do they come in a package of 1 pair or 2 pairs? What is the brand that you buy from Brothers?
Go to Top of Page

hijau
Junior NGV Member

Since:Sep 2004
Proton
Iswara 1.5
(Carburetor)

Malaysia

54 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2008 :  12:49:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit hijau's Homepage  Click to see hijau's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Dear All,

Brother Shop power cushion (bush) are tested and failed. It will be compressed and lost its elastic memory. In some case, it broke into two piece. Thus, it has been discouraged for NGV user nowadays as it is just a waste of money.

As for TTCAR, it is a good solution but terribly expensive. It is sold at FOB USD70 per piece of two (at sample price). Outcome TTCAR test is great and approved. Price wise it is rather steep.

Sport-type absorber (or like GAB absorbers) are more encouraged.

Like tnlrandall's case, he has an advantage in using Adjustable GAB absorbers. As time passes, the shock absorbers become soft and he can tighten (harden) the adjustable coil springs to counter-react to the softening. A better solution as this approach has a longer lifespan.drx

Go to Top of Page

sohengguan
Average Member

Proton
Iswara 1.5(A)
(Carburetor)

Malaysia

214 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2008 :  07:14:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit sohengguan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi andylee,

I bought it for RM68 for a pair.
It's just right for me since I only need to put it on the rear coil spring.
Brand? Some "capalang" brand I think...

So far, I've use it for only 3 months.
So far so good, I'll check on it's condition on my next car service (while doing rotation , balancing and alignment)

Anyway, just go to Brothers and ask for power cushion.
Address and contact can be found in their website.

Refer to the following link for a picture of the box,
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_uO0BdO-qrD4/SMcsJNQVYuI/AAAAAAAAAB0/NMiWO4YldP0/s1600-h/DSC01999.JPG

Edited by - sohengguan on 10/09/2008 10:10:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

geoffreylee
Advanced Member

Proton
Proton Perdana
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

730 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2008 :  08:29:04 AM  Show Profile  Send geoffreylee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
RM68 per pair!! WOW Thats super cheap! Must share with us where you get those ... address and tel contact please!

Thanks,
NGV Car Owner (Malaysia)

Go to Top of Page

vic_bptan
Average Member

Toyota
Camry 2.2, 1999
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

183 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2008 :  08:41:21 AM  Show Profile  Click to see vic_bptan's MSN Messenger address  Send vic_bptan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
does TTCar have local agent here? anyone know about this, pls share
Go to Top of Page

bencklim
Senior NGV Member

Nissan
Cefiro 3.0
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

461 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2008 :  10:37:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If TTCar have local agent, then it will be me.. hehe.. joking.
I got the sample from them total cost me RM 400++ just for the sample.
The effect is great. Not mention solve the height problem but really good.
1. Anti Roll- my car not more rolling like before eventhough i'm currently using GAB adjustable abs.
2. Very comfortable
3. very much reduce little bumpy sound and effect.

has been negotiate with them to bring in but due to poor respond, so forget about it.
Unless you all really want, then make snowball rolling, if got at least 100 pax want it, then only bring in.
Note: The MOQ is 1000sets! (at least 10%)

Ben.
www.flashlube.com.my
Go to Top of Page

geoffreylee
Advanced Member

Proton
Proton Perdana
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

730 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2008 :  11:08:56 AM  Show Profile  Send geoffreylee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
RM400 plus for all four wheels? How better is that compare to the Taiwan made?

Thanks,
NGV Car Owner (Malaysia)

Go to Top of Page

vic_bptan
Average Member

Toyota
Camry 2.2, 1999
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

183 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2008 :  3:14:57 PM  Show Profile  Click to see vic_bptan's MSN Messenger address  Send vic_bptan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Dude, Ttcar is made in taiwan la.. hahahah Bencklim, i'll be the first to install ttcar buffer cushion into my car if u can bring it in... hope can get cheaper price...
Go to Top of Page

vic_bptan
Average Member

Toyota
Camry 2.2, 1999
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

183 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2008 :  3:16:56 PM  Show Profile  Click to see vic_bptan's MSN Messenger address  Send vic_bptan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ops... my mistake, ttcar from korea.. haha
Go to Top of Page

andylee
Junior NGV Member

Toyota
Camry 2.4V
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

55 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2008 :  1:21:32 PM  Show Profile  Send andylee an ICQ Message  Click to see andylee's MSN Messenger address  Send andylee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi sohengguan,

Which branch you've gotten your cushion buffer? Did they install for you or DIY? They used a jack before they fitted it?
Go to Top of Page

bencklim
Senior NGV Member

Nissan
Cefiro 3.0
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

461 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2008 :  2:34:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mine is Urethane Cushion (Clear) not Power Cushion Buffer (Red). Power Cushion Buffer much cheaper than Urethane Cushion. They give 1 year warranty. So far very good. 2 days ago i met up with CLKong and we tested the car on the uneven path way, really good.
Currently i install in my front while my back spring have to adjust before putting in.

Result: Front very stable while back not stable. So can feel the difference. have to find my mechanic to retune my absorber, to put it in.
yes, made in Korea.
geoffrey: i didn't use Taiwan brand before, so cannot comment.
So if we really want, gether 100 names, then we buy together. I want to put for my wife Myvu too. they have calculation on which size you want.. I got the details..

Ben.
www.flashlube.com.my
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: