NGV Community Forum
NGV Community Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Photo Gallery | Vote | Shopping

Choose your language translation:
 Recommend Us to your Friend!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Ask me anything about NGV!
 All Forums
 About the NGV Community
 SHOUTBOX is Here!
 Looking for recommended NGV installer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

nwc81
Junior NGV Member

NGV:Planning to install soon
kelisa auto 1.0

Malaysia

63 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2007 :  3:46:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello. can someone introduce me the recommended NGV installer? Please send me email. nwc4754@hotmail.com. very new about NGV knowledge. any expert teach me and guide me? thinking to convert my kelisa auto 1.0 to NGV. what is the price? fuel injection? or others? thanks a lot.

Sponsored Links!

kokleong98
Junior NGV Member

NGV:Yes
Since:Dec 2007
Perodua
MYVI 1.3EZ
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

93 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2007 :  7:59:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nwc81, I don't have any installer to recommend you. But since your car size similar to kancil and DOHC engine, your car can fits only 40L Tank. You can refer to those who have converted kancil or Kenari.

You can use either economy mixer (RM4.5k-RM5.5k) or better performance Sequential Injection (RM5.5k-RM6.8k).

Sponsored Links!

MYVI-GE (Green-Powered)
Go to Top of Page

nwc81
Junior NGV Member

kelisa auto 1.0

Malaysia

63 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2007 :  8:24:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what is it mean DOHC? 40 litre can go how far? know anyone who converted their kancil,kelisa or kenari before? thanks
quote:
Originally posted by kokleong98

nwc81, I don't have any installer to recommend you. But since your car size similar to kancil and DOHC engine, your car can fits only 40L Tank. You can refer to those who have converted kancil or Kenari.

You can use either economy mixer (RM4.5k-RM5.5k) or better performance Sequential Injection (RM5.5k-RM6.8k).

Go to Top of Page

kokleong98
Junior NGV Member

Perodua
MYVI 1.3EZ
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

93 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2007 :  9:41:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ahmad, 1 of the member current driving kancil, however his car able to fit 62L tank, duno how he does it. See his original post under topic "Submit all your Car Mileage here in this list" below
http://www.ngvcommunity.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=188

click the his profile link below
http://www.ngvcommunity.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=13

DOHC=Dual overhead camshaft, Twin Cam
Check the link below for details
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overhead_camshaft

MYVI-GE (Green-Powered)

Edited by - kokleong98 on 29/12/2007 9:44:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

nwc81
Junior NGV Member

kelisa auto 1.0

Malaysia

63 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2007 :  10:59:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
DOHC suitable for which type of conversion? why i saw ahmad profile his kancil install carburetor system? but i heard experience installer saying that it will spoil my engine if install carburetor system. have to use fuel injection system. is that true?
quote:

Ahmad, 1 of the member current driving kancil, however his car able to fit 62L tank, duno how he does it. See his original post under topic "Submit all your Car Mileage here in this list" below
http://www.ngvcommunity.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=188

click the his profile link below
http://www.ngvcommunity.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=13

DOHC=Dual overhead camshaft, Twin Cam
Check the link below for details
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overhead_camshaft

Go to Top of Page

kokleong98
Junior NGV Member

Perodua
MYVI 1.3EZ
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

93 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2007 :  12:03:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yupe. Your car cannot use carburator type of conversion. Only mixer or Sequential Injection suit your case because your car is fuel injection so it's not possible to use carburator based kind of conversion.

The possible problems that might damaged engine when you over-use your car like those taxi's will be as follows:
1) Engine Overheating
-can be solved/minimized by using better coolant
-there are more factors contributing to this problem

2) Engine backfire/Detonation
-possible for mixer(poor workmanship) and curberator
-cause by poor air/gas mixture timing
-can be solved/minimized by adding TAP

3) Valve Seat Recession
-a sub-effect from engine overheating
-read the details from the forum

Others possible effect after conversion.
1) Power Loss
Mixer - loss about 10% Horse Power (HP)
Sequential Injection - loss about or less than 5% HP or near to none.

2) Radiator Water loss
Need to refill radiator more often.

MYVI-GE (Green-Powered)
Go to Top of Page

nwc81
Junior NGV Member

kelisa auto 1.0

Malaysia

63 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2007 :  02:10:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you mean if i over use my car it will over heating and damaged the engine? and it can be solve/minimize by using better coolant? Quite worry get wrong installer because i read at forum a lot people face problem after convert to NGV. some ever thinking want to give up and dont want to use it anymore.
quote:

Yupe. Your car cannot use carburator type of conversion. Only mixer or Sequential Injection suit your case because your car is fuel injection so it's not possible to use carburator based kind of conversion.

The possible problems that might damaged engine when you over-use your car like those taxi's will be as follows:
1) Engine Overheating
-can be solved/minimized by using better coolant
-there are more factors contributing to this problem

2) Engine backfire/Detonation
-possible for mixer(poor workmanship) and curberator
-cause by poor air/gas mixture timing
-can be solved/minimized by adding TAP

3) Valve Seat Recession
-a sub-effect from engine overheating
-read the details from the forum

Others possible effect after conversion.
1) Power Loss
Mixer - loss about 10% Horse Power (HP)
Sequential Injection - loss about or less than 5% HP or near to none.

2) Radiator Water loss
Need to refill radiator more often.

Go to Top of Page

kokleong98
Junior NGV Member

Perodua
MYVI 1.3EZ
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

93 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2007 :  04:04:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess you need to understand some fact in my reply correctly.

-Using NGV car NOT EQUAL car overheating even it can increase your car operating temperature.
-Normal car usage WONT damage your car engine.
-TAXI DOESN'T use their car the same way like the normal user did. For example, Perodua car warranty say, if you convert your car to taxi, mean your warranty is void so you can see how serious car manufacturer sees how a car engine can be after being used as taxi, this applied to NGV and also NON-NGV taxi's. Therefore, use your own consensus, let say you work from 9am-6pm (8 hours) from monday to friday, you might always complain about your tiring job. Think the same thing applies to taxi driver or might be driving/working more than 8 hours daily. If you driving your car more than 8 hours daily non-stop, I'm sure your car engine wear will increase more than double.

My previous reply only talking about the possible effect after conversion and possible engine damage examples, that's doesn't mean you shouldn't find a good installer.

There are others possible problems like gas leakage, that can cause bad gas comsuption milage for your car and also personal SAFETY HAZARD. If you don't mind your safety, then answer is YES . If you answer YES, that would sounds more ODD and that implied your car value is higher than yourself. I guess you treasure your life, right?

Furthermore, the whole conversion should done by licensed installer, if you think installing NGV is that easy, I guess there is no need for specialty installer shop at the first place.

Your car also need pass by the PUSPAKOM test and register to JPJ.

Why this forum sounds like NGV is NIGHTMARE? The answer is obvious, if there is totally no problem, I guess this INFORMATIVE forum wont be here at the 1st place. Therefore, it's obvious, all people is here to talk about PROBLEMS and suggest possible SOLUTIONS. If there is no such thing in this forum, I guess you wont be reading in the 1st place. We are not here to be "WU-HA" talking how great is NGV because THE COST SAVINGS (subject to installation type and ROI plan) and MORE ENVIRONMENTAL FRIENDLINESS of NGV is NOT DEBATABLE.

We all are in NO RISKS, NO GAINS situation. Convert a petrol car to gas car is already a RISK. Therefore, with enough knowledge and preparation all RISKS can be minimized/avoided. Even there are some people facing problem, but you still witness growth in NGV and not in declining position. For me, I WONT just focus on failure case, I also focus on success case and learned the lessons.

In short, a more experienced NGV installer you get, the less trouble you get so don't think NGV installation is DIY tasks and certain level of self-maintenance skills is needed to pro-longed your car engine life.

MYVI-GE (Green-Powered)

Edited by - kokleong98 on 30/12/2007 05:03:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

nwc81
Junior NGV Member

kelisa auto 1.0

Malaysia

63 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2007 :  09:12:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what do you think about this installer Hxxxx Mxx sdn bhd? is that experience installer?
Go to Top of Page

kokleong98
Junior NGV Member

Perodua
MYVI 1.3EZ
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

93 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2007 :  09:49:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hehe. Seems like you talking about the owner of the forum. They sounds knowledgable. My car now in the progress converting to NGV by this green group. I'll let you know after I get my converted. At least follow certain convert standard and guideliness.
But they are not cheap 1.

MYVI-GE (Green-Powered)
Go to Top of Page

nwc81
Junior NGV Member

kelisa auto 1.0

Malaysia

63 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2007 :  10:40:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what type of car you use? how much you convert? i think for my case need at least 6k plus. This company look good. Not simply install or use fake product. But actual dont know whether is really good or not. you did any other survey? why you choose this company? thanks

quote:

Hehe. Seems like you talking about the owner of the forum. They sounds knowledgable. My car now in the progress converting to NGV by this green group. I'll let you know after I get my converted. At least follow certain convert standard and guideliness.
But they are not cheap 1.

Go to Top of Page

kokleong98
Junior NGV Member

Perodua
MYVI 1.3EZ
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

93 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2007 :  11:09:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Their Sequential Injection cost RM6.8k. If you concern about the ROI, for you to recover the conversion cost, it might take you years. For my car, I just want a more environment friendly car, you know lar, nowadays all places is flooded cause by global warming of the green-gases (Carbon-dioxide).

My car is a MYVI 1.3 AUTO EZ (DVVT engine),I opt for Sequential Injection, therefore conversion cost more than RM6.8K because I want install TAP also but the TAP installation will be delayed, due to the TAP is out-of-stock. Check the link below for the update. I always update it.
http://www.ngvcommunity.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=244&whichpage=3

MYVI-GE (Green-Powered)
Go to Top of Page

kkchan7440
Starting NGV Member

NGV:Gathering information
Waja 1.6A

Malaysia

10 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2007 :  11:30:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I went to Hijau on Saturday, I saw a maroon colour Myvi in progress, is that your car Kok Leong ?

I talked to Hijau people, they are very knowlegable. Yeah, price not cheap quoted for my Waja. I call up other installers. However Hijau is not the most expensive NGV installation.

Edited by - kkchan7440 on 30/12/2007 11:32:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

kokleong98
Junior NGV Member

Perodua
MYVI 1.3EZ
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

93 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2007 :  11:36:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah. That's mine. I'm a buggy and considerate customer. I always call-in to ask them for progress. Keke.. Hopefully my car still in piece. Haha..
I'll get my car by tommorow if there is no unexpected events.
So there goes my first non TAP sequential system. After about 1 month later, I'll get my TAP installed.

MYVI-GE (Green-Powered)
Go to Top of Page

kkchan7440
Starting NGV Member

NGV:Gathering information
Waja 1.6A

Malaysia

10 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2007 :  11:43:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your car looks good to me, with all the wirings. Saw the tank, it is big. Then again I have never see a NGV tank before, jakunlah . Must check with them about TAP, if I am going to install NGV soon.

Go to Top of Page

kokleong98
Junior NGV Member

Perodua
MYVI 1.3EZ
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

93 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2007 :  11:48:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
kkchan7440, then you should checkout those have installed 70L-80L tanks. I guess that will be at least 20%-30% bigger than my type-2 tank.
So if the wiring looks ok, then the final comments can only be given after I tested it out, but I wont expected 100% problem-free car because we all make mistakes and as long as we correct our mistakes fast and tidy so it can be forgivens.

There is not much crazy people like me, who install NGV on their 9 months old car. I only saw 1 light-blue/Gray-colored, NGV powered MYVI driving pass by KLCC area before my current car. So not many MYVI being converted that I seen on road.

MYVI-GE (Green-Powered)

Edited by - kokleong98 on 30/12/2007 12:23:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

nwc81
Junior NGV Member

kelisa auto 1.0

Malaysia

63 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2007 :  12:24:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you mind to tell me what is the actual price for full package? So that i can prepared this amount money before conversion. what is your cylinder size? i think my conversion price more or less also almost same with your conversion. so just want to take it as reference. thanks
quote:

Their Sequential Injection cost RM6.8k. If you concern about the ROI, for you to recover the conversion cost, it might take you years. For my car, I just want a more environment friendly car, you know lar, nowadays all places is flooded cause by global warming of the green-gases (Carbon-dioxide).

My car is a MYVI 1.3 AUTO EZ (DVVT engine),I opt for Sequential Injection, therefore conversion cost more than RM6.8K because I want install TAP also but the TAP installation will be delayed, due to the TAP is out-of-stock. Check the link below for the update. I always update it.
http://www.ngvcommunity.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=244&whichpage=3

Go to Top of Page

kokleong98
Junior NGV Member

Perodua
MYVI 1.3EZ
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

93 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2007 :  12:29:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The actual price is not out yet because the TAP is depend on the market price that Hijau bought during their order.
The 1 for sure is Sequential Injection System Installation is fix on RM6.8k for now. Not sure whether they will raise the price or not on 2008, because 10% raise in raw material like metal is expected for 2008 so the base building cost will increase.

MYVI-GE (Green-Powered)
Go to Top of Page

nwc81
Junior NGV Member

kelisa auto 1.0

Malaysia

63 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2007 :  12:45:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mean that my car convert to sequential injection system also fix 6.8k? size of cyclinder not contribute into the cost? oh...i will strongly consider about it. thanks. keep update your latest conversion status. thanks
quote:

The actual price is not out yet because the TAP is depend on the market price that Hijau bought during their order.
The 1 for sure is Sequential Injection System Installation is fix on RM6.8k for now. Not sure whether they will raise the price or not on 2008, because 10% raise in raw material like metal is expected for 2008 so the base building cost will increase.

Go to Top of Page

kokleong98
Junior NGV Member

Perodua
MYVI 1.3EZ
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

93 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2007 :  12:59:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you wanted to change cylinder size/type out of the default package (57L Type-1), there sure additional charges if the new tank cost more than what Hijau can absorbed but in my case Type-2 because there is a promotion for Type-2 tank with the same cost. So They called me whether I wanted to accept the type-2 offer. The definite answer for that is a YES, i think if you were me, you'll do the same.

MYVI-GE (Green-Powered)
Go to Top of Page

nwc81
Junior NGV Member

kelisa auto 1.0

Malaysia

63 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2007 :  4:42:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry. im not very clear about what you mean. what is the different between type 1 and type 2? look like type 2 is better. by the way, waht is the weight for the cylinder? my kelisa also can fixed 57litre? i thought only can put 40litre cylinder size. thanks
quote:

If you wanted to change cylinder size/type out of the default package (57L Type-1), there sure additional charges if the new tank cost more than what Hijau can absorbed but in my case Type-2 because there is a promotion for Type-2 tank with the same cost. So They called me whether I wanted to accept the type-2 offer. The definite answer for that is a YES, i think if you were me, you'll do the same.

Go to Top of Page

kokleong98
Junior NGV Member

Perodua
MYVI 1.3EZ
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

93 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2007 :  5:06:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For type of cylinder description. Goto http://www.iangv.org/vehicle-fuel-storage.html
Type-2 is ligther than Type-1, so it can reduce the vehicle weigth and your car rear suspension tension after installation.
Type-1 is stronger than type-2.
About how big cyliner can fit into your car, the best is you goto workshop and let the installer to test it for you since we can't any Kelisa NGV user in the community yet.

MYVI-GE (Green-Powered)
Go to Top of Page

nwc81
Junior NGV Member

kelisa auto 1.0

Malaysia

63 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2007 :  5:23:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh...ok. if my car most of the time is carry two person weight only. is that will affected my rear suspension? i think should be not a problem right?
quote:

For type of cylinder description. Goto http://www.iangv.org/vehicle-fuel-storage.html
Type-2 is ligther than Type-1, so it can reduce the vehicle weigth and your car rear suspension tension after installation.
Type-1 is stronger than type-2.
About how big cyliner can fit into your car, the best is you goto workshop and let the installer to test it for you since we can't any Kelisa NGV user in the community yet.

Go to Top of Page

kokleong98
Junior NGV Member

Perodua
MYVI 1.3EZ
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

93 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2007 :  5:42:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your rear suspension tension is higher because the cylinder (let say 50 KG-varies depend the your cylinder weight) sit duck at your rear at all time, therefore your rear suspension might gone faster across time, but a better installer will add a suspension booster (rubber type of material to your rear suspension) to support the additional weight.

MYVI-GE (Green-Powered)
Go to Top of Page

nwc81
Junior NGV Member

kelisa auto 1.0

Malaysia

63 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2007 :  6:07:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh....your installer will add a suspension booster to your myvi?any additional cost? you pay by cash or 0% payment?
quote:

Your rear suspension tension is higher because the cylinder (let say 50 KG-varies depend the your cylinder weight) sit duck at your rear at all time, therefore your rear suspension might gone faster across time, but a better installer will add a suspension booster (rubber type of material to your rear suspension) to support the additional weight.

Go to Top of Page

kokleong98
Junior NGV Member

Perodua
MYVI 1.3EZ
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

93 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2007 :  6:38:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is included in the conversion, if i'm not wrong.
EON Bank Credit Card 0%, 36 months My Payment Plan, that's mean additional 7% processing fees over the total amount.

MYVI-GE (Green-Powered)
Go to Top of Page

nwc81
Junior NGV Member

kelisa auto 1.0

Malaysia

63 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2007 :  6:45:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They accepth other bank credit card beside maybank? i think if you use maybank credit card to pay i think is no proccesing fee right? any other credit card they accept? All need to pay extra 7% processing fee?
quote:

That is included in the conversion, if i'm not wrong.
EON Bank Credit Card 0%, 36 months My Payment Plan, that's mean additional 7% processing fees over the total amount.

Go to Top of Page

kokleong98
Junior NGV Member

Perodua
MYVI 1.3EZ
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

93 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2007 :  7:36:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure about others banks. For my case, 12 months plan is not good enough for me. If I opt for 12 months plan for RM6.8k is around RM566++/month, that payment amount even higher than my monthly car loam installment.

MYVI-GE (Green-Powered)
Go to Top of Page

nwc81
Junior NGV Member

kelisa auto 1.0

Malaysia

63 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2007 :  7:59:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thenk how you get this eon bank flexi payment? you apply yourself or they help you apply?7% is around 700 interest right? so how much you need to pay every month for 3 years?

quote:

I'm not sure about others banks. For my case, 12 months plan is not good enough for me. If I opt for 12 months plan for RM6.8k is around RM566++/month, that payment amount even higher than my monthly car loam installment.

Go to Top of Page

kokleong98
Junior NGV Member

Perodua
MYVI 1.3EZ
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

93 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2007 :  8:13:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Total amount: RM7.2k
36 month installment: RM200/month
1-time interest: RM504
1st month=RM200+RM504=RM704
Remaining 35 months-RM200

MYVI-GE (Green-Powered)
Go to Top of Page

nwc81
Junior NGV Member

kelisa auto 1.0

Malaysia

63 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2007 :  8:19:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
only eon bank provide 3 years installment? you ask them or your credit card have this flexi installment?
quote:

Total amount: RM7.2k
36 month installment: RM200/month
1-time interest: RM504
1st month=RM200+RM504=RM704
Remaining 35 months-RM200

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly