NGV Community Forum

Click Here to BUY Now!!!

How to promote here?
NGV Community Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Photo Gallery | Vote | Shopping

Choose your language translation:
 Recommend Us to your Friend!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Ask me anything about NGV!
 All Forums
 Forumer: Question and Answer Section
 List of Frequently Ask Question & Answer
 NGV station at Taiping,Perak
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

saga_1.5i

NGV:Yes
Since:Jun 2006
Proton
saga 1.5i auto (1992)
(Carburetor)

Malaysia

34 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2007 :  12:07:26 PM  Show Profile  Send saga_1.5i a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
did anybody know about this info?..if yes,why taiping not ipoh??

Sponsored Links!

kjlee
Average Member

Since:Oct 2005
Toyota
corona 2.0 gli (1993)
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

138 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2007 :  6:15:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i heard that there will be an ngv facility at petronas kumunting, taiping some months back. it would be easier for petronas to have ngv facilities along its gas pipeline route. kumunting, bandar iskandar...etc are probably along its pipeline route. ipoh is probable not along the gas route. what is the status of ngv pump installation at bandar iskandar....kumunting etc?

Sponsored Links!

Edited by - kjlee on 12/12/2007 6:18:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

atea4001

Since:Oct 2007
Proton
Wira 1.5
(Carburetor)

Malaysia

27 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2007 :  10:13:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kamunting I'm not sure, but Sri Iskandar will take longer time. During my last visit to this station in October, I didn't see any progress or installation work at this station. Anyway last week, my friend from Ipoh has mentioned to me about NGV at Petronas station at Jalan Gopeng. According to him already in operation. Anybody can confirm about this?

Zali
Go to Top of Page

Masterpiece
Average Member

Since:Oct 2006
Mercedes-Benz
E220 masterpiece
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

130 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2007 :  09:35:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rumors are all sensational.
What is wrong to call them directly to avoid hope and joy.
So I took the initiative to call them from Melaka.
The two Petronas Stations in Jalan Gopeng have no NGV.
A little hope I put out of the answer that one Petronas attendent has heard that NGV will come to Ipoh.
Where? when? is a questionmark.
Again a rumor !

Go to Top of Page

kjlee
Average Member

Toyota
corona 2.0 gli (1993)
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

138 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2007 :  1:34:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Petronas NGV office tel no is 03-20265500. i called them in nov 07 and was told that they are waiting for the delivery of the pumps from canada for the bandar iskandar facility. They also mentioned that there will be a ngv facility coming up in kumunting. will try to get an update from them.
Go to Top of Page

kjlee
Average Member

Toyota
corona 2.0 gli (1993)
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

138 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2007 :  2:53:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
for the last hour, i have been trying to get the update on the development of ngv facilities in perak by calling the above no but the petronas operators were not able to connect me to any petronas staff who is aware of the matter......will try another day.

update: i finally managed to speak to someone in petronas who knows about the status. there will be 3 ngv facilities in perak: bandar iskandar, kumunting and simpang lima (north perak). these 3 are scheduled to be operational in mid 2008....

Edited by - kjlee on 13/12/2007 7:20:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

clkong
Advanced Member

NAZA
Ria
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

695 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2007 :  10:49:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bravo Kjlee,
with this new station, we can travel all the way to Penang without using petrol. Good news for all the NGV user in Malaysia
Go to Top of Page

rahmanhemdi

Since:Dec 2006
Honda
accord 2.0
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

37 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2007 :  10:49:35 AM  Show Profile  Send rahmanhemdi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
kamunting and simpang lima (parit buntar) actually is an industrial area.it already have a pipeline gas which is used by the factory there. hopefully it can be operated by next year. it is near my hometown.
Go to Top of Page

kjlee
Average Member

Toyota
corona 2.0 gli (1993)
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

138 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2007 :  12:05:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
having ngv at simpang lima would be very useful as it is nearest to the proposed 2nd penang bridge. it will also serve as back-up to the prai facility. the last time i was at prai (during deepavali holidays), the ngv pump failed!!!

some of us with the older (smaller) 55L tank will probably not able to reach bandar iskandar with one tank of gas....unless the rawang ngv pump is up as well.
Go to Top of Page

saga_1.5i

Proton
saga 1.5i auto (1992)
(Carburetor)

Malaysia

34 Posts

Posted - 15/12/2007 :  09:07:02 AM  Show Profile  Send saga_1.5i a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
thanks for the info..x sabar tunggu stesen ngv buka di pantai timur..if kuantan got one,and then,paka and kuala terengganu got one..save gila,kl-ktrengganu +/- RM30 one way..huhu
Go to Top of Page

Harry
Advanced Member

NGV:Planning to install soon
Toyota
Camry
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

692 Posts

Posted - 15/12/2007 :  1:43:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Harry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to inform all forum members what to expect from Petronas.

As U know Petronas have decided not to adorpt the mother and daughter stations concept any longger. Their main reasons being it is not cost effective and dangerous to road users while transporting the gas (which I don't fully agree).

The only method that they wanted to use is the conventional method ie via direct gas pipeline supply.

If there are no gas pipelines (Gas malaysia pipelines) available in your area please do not bet or put too much hope to get a station in your area. Good example is Ipoh. The nearest is about 130 kilometers. The cost to pull the pipeline is about 1 million ringgit per kilometer.

Since only 20% of the country is with these pipelines, I wud say only 20% of all the towns will be very lucky to have the gas stations.

Those who were borned and raised in a town that have no pipeline, U have to classify yourself as the unlucky one. U are the 2nd class citizen of Malaysia. Don't get me wrong, U are at the wrong place and the wrong time.

So if U wish to get one, U need to make lots of noise and see your YB (member of Parliment of your constituen)and ask him to fight for your right.

Maybe with this kind of pressure Petronas will re instate the mother and daughter NGV concept.

My favourite websites:
http://swiftletfarming.blogspot.com/
http://harrykok.blogspot.com/
http://groups.google.com/group/be-a-millionaires-club

Edited by - Harry on 15/12/2007 1:47:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

saga_1.5i

Proton
saga 1.5i auto (1992)
(Carburetor)

Malaysia

34 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2007 :  11:30:04 AM  Show Profile  Send saga_1.5i a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
wa,this is unfair...
Go to Top of Page

Harry
Advanced Member

NGV:Planning to install soon
Toyota
Camry
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

692 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2007 :  9:30:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Harry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Saga, please be in control of your emotion. I certainly would not want U to join the Hindraf !!! Ha ha ha ha ....

My favourite websites:
http://swiftletfarming.blogspot.com/
http://harrykok.blogspot.com/
http://groups.google.com/group/be-a-millionaires-club
Go to Top of Page

saga_1.5i

Proton
saga 1.5i auto (1992)
(Carburetor)

Malaysia

34 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2007 :  10:26:51 AM  Show Profile  Send saga_1.5i a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
it's ok..maybe my friend at ipoh will mad with this news..huhu.just waiting for pantai timur station..
Go to Top of Page

kjlee
Average Member

Toyota
corona 2.0 gli (1993)
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

138 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2008 :  6:17:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
to members from the north eg Rahmanhemdi, please kindly update the development on new installation of ngv facility in the northern areas eg perak & penang. i just called petronas parit buntar and was told that there will be 2 facilities nearby, one at petronas simpang lima (on the old trunk road) and another one i did not get the name.

there will be some of us balik kampung to vote. with additional ngv facilities, cost of voting would be cheaperlah!
Go to Top of Page

rahmanhemdi

Since:Dec 2006
Honda
accord 2.0
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

37 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2008 :  5:51:38 PM  Show Profile  Send rahmanhemdi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
yup there will be 2 station at parit buntar.the distance between them i think is about 2km. but still waiting for pump. and i was in taiping during CNY. the station at kamunting also in the same condition.
Go to Top of Page

kjlee
Average Member

Toyota
corona 2.0 gli (1993)
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

138 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2008 :  7:15:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
good news but have to waitlah. thanks rahmanhemdi. please keep us updated.
Go to Top of Page

hellishred
Starting NGV Member

Since:Jul 2008
Proton
Neo 1.6 Auto
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

13 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2008 :  01:30:52 AM  Show Profile  Send hellishred a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Any updates for NGV Stations in Perak? Its already August 2008. I'm planning to head North (perlis) from KL in 2 weeks time. Some more, mine is only 40 litres. :(
Go to Top of Page

purple_EJ7
Average Member

Proton
Wira 1.3 (M)
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

248 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2008 :  10:42:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit purple_EJ7's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Near Parit Buntar area got 3 stations, Simpang Lima, Nibong Tebal and Kampung Kedah. I haven't been there yet but it has been confirmed by a friend of mine who lives there.

http://www.anggunbistari.co.cc/
Go to Top of Page

mohdnasir
Average Member

Since:Jun 2008
Proton
iswara 1.5 auto
(Carburetor)

Malaysia

180 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2008 :  12:49:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dah boleh guna pump ngv ke belum? status terkini
Go to Top of Page

hellishred
Starting NGV Member

Proton
Neo 1.6 Auto
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

13 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2008 :  1:02:01 PM  Show Profile  Send hellishred a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
As per my conversation with Petronas Kamunting Station today, there are no NGV available yet for Perak. They said that the implementation of NGV for Perak state will takes some time. As usual, I guess it may get at least a year (or more) to enjoy this.
Go to Top of Page

alimuscle
Starting NGV Member

Proton
wira 1.5 turbo

Malaysia

3 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2008 :  12:30:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PERAK NGV USERS,

FOR INFO PETRONAS AT BANDAR UNIVERSITI. Lot 307 & 308, Bandar Universiti, Sri Iskandar,31570 Tronoh, Perak Phone: 05-3711335. Service Hour: 24 WILL BE ON OPERATION IN DECEMBER 2008. (INFORM BY HIS MANAGER-CALLED BY PHONE)

ABOUT PETRONAS JLN GOPENG... THERE STILL NO NGV PUMP YET..... FOR INFO I STAY IN IPOH AND THERE IS NO NGV HERE..

IF NGV STATION WAS SET UP HERE...... DON'T WORRY TO ALL MY PERAK NGV USERS, I WILL ANNOUNCE LATER....

Go to Top of Page

Lam

Proton
Wira 1.5 M
(Carburetor)

Malaysia

35 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2008 :  11:49:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
alimuscle,

Can u let me know? if we come from the cross junction of Jalan Bota Kiri, how long is it to the Petronas Bandar University Sri Iskandar? TQ.

Go to Top of Page

zaws
Starting NGV Member

Honda
E-CA1 with CA5 (SI) engine
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

13 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2008 :  10:04:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Went to Bukit Kayu Hitam recently... and here are the updates:

Bad news... Simpang Lima, Parit Buntar & Kampung Kedah station which is located 2km from each other are still not operation. Kg Kedah station is presently having work in progress to connect it to the main gas pipelines.

Bukit Minyak near Butterworth is having a problem - now it only has one filling hose instead of two. I was at the location when somebody from a technician UMW Shah Alam dismantled the filling hose to bring it back to Shah Alam for repairs- estimated time for completion 1 month...

The Kamunting NGV station is yet to be in operation... located 6km from the nearest PLUS Highway exit...

Go to Top of Page

chlin731
Starting NGV Member

Inokom
Matrix 1.6 Auto
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

5 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2008 :  1:58:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bukit Minyak gas pump was ok a week ago.
Go to Top of Page

fuad
Starting NGV Member

Toyota
UNSER
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

6 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2008 :  1:14:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes Bukit Minyak (prai) gas pump was ok - I filled up twice few days ago while I was around the area. The other one in front of Polytechnic Prai has NGV sign & pump but no gas yet.

I was on a long trip to from KL to Kelantan via Ipoh (Gua Musang) then back via Grik to Alor Star...spare 1/2 tank of NGV just in case run out of petrol on the mountains (I nearly did since in Cameron Highland the nearest petrol pump is 20 km from stopover Kg Raja). Also good idea using NGV as backup

First NGV was in Kuala Ketil...20 Km from S Petani..very strong pressure and achived more than RM13 (77 litre tank)...thereafter the Bukit Minyak, Prai.

I'm Perak boy...but no Perak NGV any time soon...pity, Perak is the broken link in the NGV network

Also glad to inform my tankful of petrol last 44 days....before having to refill for the Kelantan trip..
Go to Top of Page

alimuscle
Starting NGV Member

Proton
wira 1.5 turbo

Malaysia

3 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2008 :  4:41:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lam,

From the cross junction of Jalan Bota Kiri to Petronas Bandar University Sri Iskandar is about 5-10 minit (drive 80km per hours)

If you seen any petronas NGV open in ipoh, let me know..

If i seen first, i let you all know. ok

IPOH NGV USERS
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: